The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Walk to the Future
Walk to the Future
June 6, 2024
Garcia waits to sing at the Memorial Day parade.
Singing in Chicago
May 31, 2024
College Tips
College Tips
May 31, 2024

Hold On to Your Spark

Hold On to Your Spark

Whatever you do in life, make sure you do not lose your spark for your passion. The definition of a spark is a trace of specified quality or intense feeling. That indescribable feeling that you get when you do something you enjoy without hesitation is your spark!

Holding on to the very thing that makes you happy is hard. Life gets hard. Things happen, but you shouldn’t let that affect you for too long because you’ll lose your spark. You know that feeling of longing for something? The feeling that something is missing? That is your spark. Sit down and ask yourself “When was the last time I did something that I just genuinely enjoyed?”

If it’s been a long time, try to implement that into your daily routine. Try to come up with a consistent routine to make time for your passion. Making time for you and what you love isn’t selfish; it only makes you stronger. If your spark relates to a competitive activity, remember practice makes improvement. Holding on to your spark makes improvement. If holding on to your spark looks like going back in time and going outside for once, then do it! If getting your spark back looks like watching your favorite movie, do it! If it looks like stopping your day to take the time to just breathe, do it! Maybe getting your spark back looks like dancing to your favorite song. If so, everybody has a different spark for  different reasons but let your spark be your only motivation because it can die out. If it does, do what you can to get it back.

Sometimes your spark is the only thing that gets you through the day, but whatever you do stays with it, even if you want to do it or not. Your future self will thank you for it. Everyone has a different spark, but whatever happens do NOT lose yours.