The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Walk to the Future
Walk to the Future
June 6, 2024
Garcia waits to sing at the Memorial Day parade.
Singing in Chicago
May 31, 2024
College Tips
College Tips
May 31, 2024

Hitting it Home

The JV White baseball team wins their end of the year conference.
Daniel Aultman

On Saturday, May 18, the Junior Varsity White Baseball team had their invitational conference. They had a double header against other High Schools freshman baseball teams. The first team they played in the conference was Portage. During their season, The bulldogs have played Portage twice and in both of the games had major wins. The winning streak continued against Portage when the game resulted in a great win of 10-0. After the win in the first game, the team played hard and gave it their all against Chesterton. In the past, they never managed to win against them but that changes now. The team fought back and won against Chesterton with a final score of 6-4. 

Third baseman and pitcher Conner Trapp said that “It felt good to win the conference on Saturday.” Trapp also said that playing for this team helped him get “more field time” and helped him improve as a baseball player. 

First baseman Cole Trosien showcases how the conference games went and on how the team supports each other through their difficulties.  

“It felt really good to win the conference,” Trosien said. “It was a great team effort. We all worked together to pull through and it was great. We also poured water on the coach so that was pretty fun in the end. With my team just knowing that every day there’s going to be different ups and downs but as a team we all come together. Sometimes you may be in a situation that you don’t want to be in at the moment, but your teammates are there to help you work through it and get through the tough times.” 

Nicholas Melnick is an outfielder and shortstop for the JV White baseball team.  He commented on how the team collaborated to help win these past games. 

“We played great as a team in these past two games,” Melnick said. “It was a great big win in the first game and then continued into the second. It was perfect. Being on this team I feel like it just made me a better teammate and a better all-around player. Working with my team everyday was even better.” 

Coach Daniel Aultman commented on how the team cooperated to get both of these victories and their motivation for winning these games. 

“It felt good to finish off the year with two very good victories. All our guys came ready to play on Saturday,” Coach Aultman Said. “The first game started off with a great first inning that gave us the momentum to continue and get a shutout against Portage. The second game we knew was going to be tough. We had lost both games we played against Chesterton during the regular season. So, the team was very motivated to get their revenge. And they did. Both pitchers threw their best stuff, and our hitters allowed us some room to secure the Championship victory. It was a great year with some ups and downs, but this class has a very bright future and so does our program in the years to come!”

The team came out with a great championship win and an excellent end to their baseball season. The team’s final standing of the season was 15-10-1.