The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Walk to the Future
Walk to the Future
June 6, 2024
Garcia waits to sing at the Memorial Day parade.
Singing in Chicago
May 31, 2024
College Tips
College Tips
May 31, 2024

Rare Beauty Melting Blush

Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty Melting Cream Blush gives a soft, natural lightweight pigment, but not always without a struggle to apply.

One of the biggest players in the makeup game, Selena Gomez’s Rare Beauty makeup line has always been known to produce natural but effective makeup products. Her traditional Rare Beauty blush is extremely popular, but her Stay Vulnerable Melting Blush can be overlooked. I decided to purchase and try her melting blush, wondering if it was worth all the same merit as the traditional blush.

The melting blush is meant to be more natural, so one of the first things I noticed was that it was much less pigmented than the traditional blush. I bought it in the shade, Nearly Berry, and I was very satisfied with the color– bold, but not unnatural looking. The texture was very lightweight on my cheeks but not oily, which I found pleasant.

However, this blush is not without any complaints. One thing about this blush is that it may clump on your cheeks. When I applied it with a brush, blending was difficult as it was clumping to parts of my cheeks. Once you blend it out it looks fine, but not everyone has the patience for that when her traditional blush does the job without any struggle. It also gets patchy in the pot itself which can be difficult at times. 

Overall, I would rate this blush a 7/10, because while the blush itself is a very good formula, it’s application is not as smooth when you could just buy the original and get a smooth application and bolder color.