The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Walk to the Future
Walk to the Future
June 6, 2024
Garcia waits to sing at the Memorial Day parade.
Singing in Chicago
May 31, 2024
College Tips
College Tips
May 31, 2024

Boys Volleyball Sets Up for Success

Freshman+Tys+Wiersema+starts+to+hit+the+ball+over+the+net+to+the+other+team.+
Kristina Petkovski
Freshman Tys Wiersema starts to hit the ball over the net to the other team.

Boys volleyball is truly a sport of speed, agility, and pure talent. The team is filled with students that try to encapsulate all of these and more. Not only does this sport require hard work and dedication, but it also fosters leadership skills in young adults.
Overall, boys volleyball is filled with talented students who want the same attention that basketball, football, and other popular sports gain.
“I definitely think that boys volleyball is underrated,” senior Landon Muller said. “It’s a fun new sport to try that’s different from sports like baseball, basketball, and football. We have a lot of kids on the team that play those sports, and they join volleyball and they love it because it’s so new and different.”
The students who compete on the volleyball team enjoy the competitiveness and training that it takes to be on the team. The guys have to prepare mentally and physically before each match, willing themselves to be better for each new match.
“My favorite part of being on the team is versing all of these very competitive teams and getting better as a result,” sophomore Xzavier Menchaca said.
The students on the team appreciate the opportunities provided to them through the program. They are given the oppurtunity to share their skills with younger kids.
“My favorite part about volleyball is just being with the team all the time,” Muller said. “Teaching the younger kids and helping them grow is one of the best parts of being on the team. Definitely being a leader on the team is the best part of all of it. You get to show people around and win games.”
Students on the volleyball team take care of each other and work together as one cohesive unit in order to win games.
The boys volleyball team continues to grow in its popularity amongst the student body. Boys volleyball is an entertaining sport filled with suspense and impressive talent.