Categories:

Trevor Gibbs

Kicking off junior year with eyes on his future in football
Trevor Gibbs

When Trevor Gibbs (11) was in the second grade, his baseball coaches asked him to join a second sport, starting his football journey.  From that moment, Gibbs learned how to balance being on both the football and baseball teams all the way through high school.

Even with the challenge of playing for two different sports teams, Gibbs has many ways to make sure he stays on track.

“I balance playing two sports by communicating with coaches and letting them know what’s going on,” Gibbs said.  “You’ve got off-season training for one sport while you’re doing the other one. I also am making sure I’m taking care of my body and mind by not getting too stressed out.” 

For the first time in years, the high school football team was able to go to state at the Lucas Oil Stadium, which made for a very memorable moment for Gibbs and his team.

“It was nice [because] it doesn’t happen a lot. For a lot of people, it only happens once, so I’m cherishing that moment,” Gibbs said.  “I hope we go back this year. It was a fun experience making memories, like running out on Lucus Oil Stadium with my teammates.” 

This year, Gibbs is focusing on fixing mistakes made at the game and relying on the team connection. This connection was fostered through out-of-practice hangouts with the team.

“I am planning on fixing our mistakes from last year,” Gibbs said. “That is always how you get better. We have a really good team, [and] our connection is good. We have chemistry with each other by just trusting each other on the field.”

The kid whose journey began in second grade grew into a state-finalist player by his Sophomore year,  and is now entering his Junior year with offers from colleges such as Miami, Western Michigan, Ball State, and Cincinnati. 

Want to recommend an athlete, student, or faculty member for a spotlight? Use the link below:

Spotlight Recommendation Form

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.