Categories:

Anna Sdregas

With clubs, work, classes, and sports, Anna Sdregas has a full schedule
Anna Sdregas

Being a high school student can be filled with many obstacles, especially when taking on extracurricular activities along with AP and honors classes. Senior Anna Sdregas takes busy as a challenge. She is a student body treasurer in the Student Council, a member of the chorale, a member of the National Honor Society, a worker at Chick-fil-A, a figure skater, and an honors student.

As student body treasurer, Sdregas helps with their fundraising for Lurie’s Children’s Hospital.

“The community is my favorite part of Student Council. I love meeting people like the other officers and the new freshmen that come in every year, creating bonds with people, and working together with them,” Sdregas said.

Along with being student body treasurer, Sdregas is also a chorale member.

“I just got moved into chorale. We sing in a lot of outside shows for events like the tree lighting and Vetrock. I have been in choir since fourth grade,” Sdregas said.

When Sdregas is not in school or at a school club, she might be found working on her figure skating at Midwest Training & Ice Center, practicing her guitar, or working at her new Chick-fil-A job.

“When I am not in school, I love being able to figure skate a few times a week, and I have been since around 7th grade. Lately, I have also been trying to play the guitar. I have been practicing outside of school. Also, with my new job I will be very busy,” Sdregas said.

To be able to manage her in-school and after-school activities, Sdregas has been taking measures to make sure that this year goes well.

“Managing all my extracurriculars with my hard classes is difficult, but I have been trying not to procrastinate. I also manage it by taking a break, prioritizing my mental health, and taking it day by day,” Sdregas said.

Despite all of her commitments, Sdregas manages to be an active part of her high school community while still taking difficult classes.

Want to recommend an athlete, student, or faculty member for a spotlight? Use the link below:

Spotlight Recommendation Form

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.