Categories:

Principal Russ Marcinek

Making a positive impact on his school and the people in it
Principal Russ Marcinek

Principal Russ Marcinek is the first face many see as they walk into the building and one of the last voices they hear on Friday afternoons

“My main responsibilities as principal are overseeing the entire school and the entire operation, as well as trying to make the experience for our students and staff the best possible,” Marcinek said.

After 12 years teaching in Hammond, Marcinek followed the opportunity to teach at Crown Point High School.

“I had the opportunity to come to CPHS in the fall of 2008. I thought it was a good opportunity and it was a school that I wanted to be a part of,” said Marcinek. “I taught for two years at Crown Point and then I became an assistant principal for nine years. This is my sixth year as principal.”

CPHS is very large, and running it can be very demanding. Luckily, Marcinek has an amazing staff to work with to help everything run smoothly.

“Sometimes the scope of a large high school can make it challenging to manage all the pieces and parts that go into a large comprehensive high school. However, I am very fortunate to work with so many good people here- from our assistant principals, teachers, and support staff members,” Marcinek said. “They help out and have a lot of responsibilities as well, so I feel like while at times the scope of the job can be challenging. It is also very rewarding because I get to work with a lot of great people.”

Marcinek is also known for his morning and Friday afternoon announcements where he reminds students of their importance and gives them positive messages. 

“I want students to know that my door is always open and that if something is important to students then it should be important to me,” Marcinek said. “I try to articulate that in the announcements and let students know that as long as we work together things are going to work out.”

Marcinek works hard to make sure that our school runs smoothly, and students can see his dedication through his commitment to the school and the people in it.

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.