Categories:

Secretary Michele Atherton

She works hard to ensure everything runs smoothly while encouraging students have a faaaaantastic day
Secretary Michele Atherton

If you have ever had a dentist appointment in the middle of the school day, you know that the main office secretary Michele Atherton is there to help you get in and out of school.

“I am the main office secretary. I take care of all the substitutes, I do a lot of day-to-day secretary work, take care of students coming in, and help the students,” Atherton said.

While the people at Crown Point High School are a highlight of working here for Atherton, she originally came here for her own kids.

“I wanted to work in this school corporation because my own children went to school here, and I thought it would be easier to be with them and work with their schedules,” Atherton said.

With 3054 students currently enrolled, Atherton has to work hard to ensure that everyone makes it to class on time.

“It is very challenging making sure everyone is where they should be when the bell rings. I handle this by making sure there are teachers assigned to every single class, that they are in there to greet the students, and that they get them in to start promptly at 7:35 every morning,” Atherton said.

People may also know Atherton from her popular coined saying “have a fantastic day” during the morning announcements.

“I say ‘have a fantastic day’ in memory of my father as he always used to say ‘faaaantastic.’ I started doing it right after he passed away,” Atherton said.

Atherton helps CPHS run efficiently and makes sure that people always start their day off in a fun and catchy way.

Want to recommend an athlete, student, or faculty member for a spotlight? Use the link below:

Spotlight Recommendation Form

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.