Categories:

Noah Ehrlich

Ehrlich overcomes challenges to pursue his passion for football
Noah Ehrlich

On the sidelines of a football field, a little boy watches his brother play wishing to be just like them. Noah Ehrlich (12) grew up in a house with two brothers, ages 30 and 24, and they both played on their high school football teams.

“I’ve been playing football ever since I was a kid,”  Ehrlich said. “I just always wanted to be like my older brother which is why I joined it, I just wanted to be like my older siblings.”

Ehrlich is now the quarterback for his high school’s varsity football team. He did not always want to play that position though. As a kid,  he had his heart set on becoming a wide receiver.

“When I was a kid I wanted to be a wide receiver and would score the ball and would score all the touchdowns, but I’m glad I stuck with quarterback,” Ehrlich said. 

Playing football has not come without challenges. One big challenge for Ehrlich was transferring schools during his sophomore year.

“I think a challenge I had to face was definitely transferring high schools and making new friends, not just in school, but in sports as well,” Ehrlich said. “I also had to win the trust of the teammates and the coaches.”

Despite challenges, Ehrlich was able to break multiple individual records and has goals to break even more this season.

“One of my goals of the season is definitely to try and break some more records and just win overall as a team,” Ehrlich said. “I have won individual records such as the most touchdowns in a season, most completions in a season, and the most passing yards in a season so I’m just trying to break my own records.” 

Outside of football, Ehlrich wants to get a degree in business management and his sport has taught him many different aspects of leadership that he can use in his future career.

“Football has helped me with being a leader, knowing how to handle things and knowing how to lead certain people because not everybody is the same,” Ehlrich said. “It also taught me to show up every day, work hard, and strive towards my goals.”

No longer on the sidelines, Ehlrich has received multiple offers from colleges such as Martial University of West Virginia, Toledo, and Central Michigan. He has now committed to a Division One school, Miami of Ohio.

Want to recommend an athlete, student, or faculty member for a spotlight? Use the link below:

Spotlight Recommendation Form

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.