Categories:

Logan Borner

Playing the same sport since he was young, Borner recaps his time as a soccer player
Logan Borner

Since the age of 6, Logan Borner (12) has been playing on the soccer field, improving his skills over the years of experience and overcoming barriers. His brother’s involvement led to repeated exposure to the soccer club, Indiana Elite FC, so Borner felt inspired to follow in the footsteps.

“My brother inspired me to join. He played for the same club I wanted to play for,” Borner said. “What keeps me going at soccer is when I keep winning. The feeling of winning makes me want to keep playing.”

Chemistry with the team was an obstacle Borner had to overcome because he felt that success could not happen unless connections were made.

“Not knowing many people was an obstacle I had, but the biggest obstacle for me was the connection and chemistry with everybody,” Borner said. “It takes a long time to get chemistry with the people all together and to have everybody getting along. This is important because, without chemistry, you can’t play the game.”

Overcoming obstacles with his team allowed Borner to achieve some of his most notable accomplishments.

“My greatest accomplishment would probably be winning the Penn invite my freshman year for Coach Nick. It was his first trophy for his first year of coaching,” Borner said. “Making a lot of friends on the team my freshman year was big in helping me back then because I didn’t know many people.”

Even though Borner has been playing soccer since he was 6, he is not going to college for it. In contrast, he is going to college for finance.

“I don’t plan on going to college for this because I am going to college for education. I plan to go to IU Bloomington for Finance and Economics,” Borner said. “[Soccer has helped me for my future because] the adults and friends’ parents helped me with the business side of soccer. They, in a way, showed me the ropes.”

Overall, Borner’s experience and time spent playing soccer led him to make memories and learn from challenges all while improving his skills in his sport.

Donate to Crown Town Media

Your donation will support the student journalists of Crown Point High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.