Brave the Shave

2022 Bucket Team

Ashley Johnson, Guest Writer

Crown Point High School Key Club is hosting Brave the Shave on March 15th after school in the cafeteria.  This year’s goal- to raise over $8000, which would be a considerable donation to help kids with cancer. This year’s event will host the city of Crown Point.

According to St. Baldrick’s Foundation, more children are lost to cancer in the U.S. than any other disease—in fact, more than many other childhood diseases combined. Your donation and involvement will help fight this disease and help families stay together and healthy.

The easiest way to get involved is simply to donate.  If you want a bigger challenge, you can volunteer to get your head shaved. Those who will get their heads shaved will be determined by the Bucket Challenge, a fundraiser where students sign up to raise funds for St. Baldrick’s Foundation.  

Participants will be assigned a bucket along with the other members, and through student and faculty donations, money will be collected.  Whoever has the most money in their bucket will get their head shaved! Folks that raise at least $50 also earn a free St. Baldrick’s t-shirt. 

For over 19 years, Wayne Borowski, owner of Man Cave Barbers, comes every year with his team to do the shaves. Eisenhower Elementary raised over $50,000 last year and even made the news.

Last year, many students accepted the Bucket Challenge. Key Club is hoping a new team will join the challenge this year.  

Interested in forming a team?  Sign up HERE.

The Bucket Team is crazy and competitive fun, and it sometimes resorts to taking other members’ buckets and convincing people to donate for somebody else. 

To donate to St Baldrick’s, click HERE. 

Everyone and anyone is invited to come watch the shaves – we take donations at the event and even accept last minute shaves!

• 2022 Bucket Team

• 2022 participants getting their heads shaved.

• 2022 youngest participants showing off their shaved heads.