The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

Elly May

Inspirtational song conveys important message to all ages
    Elly+May

Elly May, by Insane Clown Posse, is one of their newer songs from their newest album Woo the Weeping Willow. Just like all of their songs, it’s filled with character. Featuring Elly May the song gives us a narrative of a southern single mom of four children. It takes us through her life journey, and her struggles to make money for her kids and her family, the terrors of her youth, and her battle with addiction. 

Not only does this song cover such emotional topics, it does so with a tune that makes you wanna dance. Despite such depressing lyrics, the actual sound of the song is very upbeat and vibrant. Almost as if it shows how Elly May wants to hide her struggles from her loved ones behind a superficial facade. ICP does a great job of conveying serious and detrimental topics through its music. It’s one of the reasons why I love them so much. 

This is such a powerful and inspirational song for people across the globe. There is an Elly May inside of each and every one of us. This song makes me feel capable of achieving whatever it is that’s on my mind. This genre of music takes a sort of spookily yet goofy tone to some of the most serious subject matters. Their ability to take the struggles of a single mother in the South and turn them into a song for younger audiences to more easily digest is a spectacle. They break their music down in such a way that all ages can enjoy it. Elly May is a solid 8.5 and would recommend it to all.