The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

Circle of Students Promote Peace

David Pineda

The World Population Review states that there are thirty-two ongoing wars around the world. All of these wars include atrocities with immeasurable casualties.

Whether it be a recently escalated conflict or a conflict that has been going on for decades, attempting to achieve world peace feels almost impossible. In today’s world, many people just want there to be peace in the world. They do not necessarily want to pick one side over the other; they just want peace.

Here in Crown Point, students and staff gathered together to form a World Peace Circle for those suffering around the world. “I think it is great that we are trying to get a more peaceful and tranquil environment at CPHS. I was glad to see how many people were interested and participated,” junior Sebastian Ayala said. The event took place around the flagpole in front of the school.
    Junior Maylani Velazquez organized to show that Crown Point cares about what is going on in the world. She gave a speech about world peace and held a moment of silence and prayer for all those suffering around the world. Around twenty-five students and staff were present. More of these events are scheduled to take place throughout the school year.