The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Back to Track
Back to Track
May 3, 2024

Blood Drive

CPHS held its annual blood drive on Friday, November 17th to collect blood for the Red Cross to give to patients in need. Over one hundred students reported to the field house to donate their blood for this spectacular cause.

“Most of the donated blood comes from teenagers, so coming to the high schools is important because there’s a lot of people that are saving lives. I think it’s a great thing,” student council president Isabella Gonzalez said.
Crown Point High School has been participating in the blood drive for many years and will continue to work with the Red Cross to help reach its goal.
“We are hoping to get around 80-100 pints of blood to help all different kinds of people,” a nurse working with the Red Cross Latrese Simmons said.
Simmons has been working with the Red Cross for 30 years, and it helps give her a sense of purpose. She loves knowing that so many people are impacted by the work she is doing.
“This means the world. To the recipients, it means literally having another chance at life,” Simmons said.
The blood drive is an incredible fundraiser that can seriously help many people. Just one donor can save three lives.
“I love knowing that the end result is going to make a difference in someone’s life; not only their lives, but their family’s lives as well,” Simmons said.
The blood drive ultimately obtained 80 pints of blood for people in need. Thank you to everyone who was able to participate.

!