The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

CPTV Quick Cuts Wins National Student Production Award

Chris Gloff

The National Student Production Awards winners were recently released revealing former students from Crown Point High School won the award.

The National Student Production Awards, or NSTA, is awarded to students who display exceptional skill in broadcast productions.

This is a part of The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS). In order to qualify for this award your chapter must win the Crystal Pillar. This year for Newscast, CPTV News QuickCut with former students Christopher Gloff, Madeline Degenhart, Eli Lane, and Hailey Lloyd were recognized for their efforts, and skills from last year as young broadcasters.

Alongside the Newscast award, CPTV also won the News Report- Serious News award. The young and talented individual who was recognized was former CPHS student Christopher Gloff. 

“I think it’s indicative of the work of students. Not all of them understand what’s involved. In this process and what it takes to get there. You always have people who came before them, who were leaders, and have grown so much and learned so much,” adviser Christopher Gloff said. “They’ve been able to impart that wisdom on to the younger students, which allows you to kind of get better and better as you go.”

Going into the future of Radio and Broadcasting, there are brilliant minds already stepping forward to fill the shoes left behind. The next generation actively strives to make a mark in their careers as aspiring journalists.

“I’ve been staying after school for multiple hours, you know, coming in for resource period, working all day in class to submit as many things as I can,” junior Mirey Fernandez said. “I’m submitting projects for this year and upwards to 10 for next year just in one event.”

Students work together to ensure one another succeeds while helping each other discover their passions.

“I’m just so proud of everybody and being a part of the program has been rad, I’ve been a part of this since I was a freshman,” Fernandez said.

Radio and Television is student-led. The advisers Christopher Gloff and Brent Barber guide the students to ensure the students have the necessary resources to succeed in their chosen path.

“I tell them on their first day that they ever take a class with me, it’s not to manufacture people that go out in the world and become a journalist,” Gloff said. What I really want for them is to find their voice.”