The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Mary Lux Nominated for Teacher of the Year

Crown Point High School proudly announces Mary Lux as the CPHS nominee for the prestigious Teacher of the Year award. With her unwavering dedication, innovative teaching methods, and passion for education, Mary Lux has not only impacted the lives of her students but also left an indelible mark on the school community.

“I’ve known since I was a little girl that I wanted to be a teacher. I had a history teacher in High School who really resonated with me and made me love the subject,” Lux said.

Beyond her exceptional teaching abilities, Mary Lux is known for her unwavering commitment to her students’ success. She goes above and beyond to ensure that each student feels valued, supported, and empowered to reach their full potential. Whether offering extra help during office hours or providing personalized feedback on assignments, she invests herself wholeheartedly in the academic and personal growth of her students.

“The kids make the job worth doing. I have always been a hard worker and I always want to achieve the most I can in what I do. My goal is to not only build stronger connections with all of my students but to continue to develop my skills as a teacher so I can help my students develop their own skills,” Lux said.

Throughout her career, Mary Lux has demonstrated a deep-seated belief in the power of education to transform lives and shape the future. She instills in her students a love of learning, a sense of curiosity, and a critical understanding of the world around them. Through her tireless efforts, she equips her students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to navigate the complexities of the modern world.

The recognition of Mary Lux as the high school’s Teacher of the Year nominee is a testament to her outstanding contributions to the field of education and the profound impact she has had on the lives of countless students. Her passion, dedication and unwavering commitment to excellence serve as an inspiration to educators everywhere, reminding us all of the transformative power of great teaching. Crown Point High School is privileged to have Mary Lux as a member of its faculty, and her legacy will continue to inspire generations of students for years to come.

The Crown Point Community School Corporation Teacher of the Year will be named later this month. Other district nominees include:

• Grace Kellett – Eisenhower
  • Jessica Markle – Lake St.
  • Theresa Zarndt – MacArthur
  • Tera Baechle – Solon Robinson
  • Carolyn Winland – Timothy Ball
  • Staci Santefort – Winfield
  • Abbey Rauch – Jerry Ross
  • Mary Lux – CPHS
  • Ryan Jurczak – Taft
  • Amy Mehrle – Col. Wheeler
  • Bob Berkes – Maintenance, Carpenter
  • Scott Kessler – Driver Coach
  • Jennifer Eaton – Paraprofessional
Mary Lux