The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

Coach Eve Colvin: The Picture of Hard Work

6/6 Media

Coach Eve Colvin, the new addition to the Crown Point Weightlifting Coaching staff, is both impressively accomplished and extremely hardworking.

“She was one of the strongest girls in the last 20 years of USA weightlifting…She started lifting with us in the seventh grade, and even when she was young she was always very strong and very coordinated,” head weightlifting coach, Coach Garrett, said.

At as young as thirteen, Coach Eve was working as hard as possible to succeed in her weightlifting career, as recognized by her own coach.

“In high school I made the PANAM USA weightlifting team, but I ended up declining because I joined the army and had to go to basic training. After the army, I went and joined Olympic weightlifting coach Mike Gattone,” Coach Eve said.

In addition to serving in the US army, Coach Eve also lifted as an Olympic competitor. Alongside Olympic Weightlifting, serving in the army, and coaching, she also obtained a degree from Concordia of Chicago. Currently, she is a weightlifting coach for Crown Point High School, alongside being a volleyball coach for the last three years.

“I think the best part about coaching is seeing the movements click with athletes and watching them improve and be proud of themselves,” Coach Eve said.

Coach Eve is an accomplished and experienced coach, and is widely appreciated and adored by her fellow coaching staff, her own coaches, and her athletes alike.