The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

Loving “Love and Other Words”

“Love and Other Words” is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful literary works of all time. Not only does it have figurative language and beautiful imagery, but the characters themselves feel like real flesh and blood. Each main character has a full, overarching backstory and you get to delve into each of their thought processes as you get deeper into the story. 

Throughout the novel, the author consistently utilizes different forms of descriptive language to paint a picture of the beautiful setting of the story. The story’s setting also helps to provide an accurate tone for each scene, thus assisting the reader in understanding the gravity of each situation. 

Not only does the flowery and descriptive language help to set this novel apart from others, but the author’s understanding of the human mind and how it works is incredible. Each one of the characters are fully fleshed-out human beings, as if you could reach out and touch them. Their depth and emotional turmoil model that of a real person, and every character is fully developed and understandable. 

Overall, “Love and Other Words,” by Christina Lauren is a literary masterpiece filled with realistic characters and wonderful overarching themes that add to the whole story. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking to be fully submersed into another world and find themselves between the pages.