The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Back to Track
Back to Track
May 3, 2024

Unspoken Bonds

Unspoken+Bonds
Kristina Petkovski

Sharing a sport with siblings creates a bond like no other. Serena and Venus Williams and Peyton and Eli Manning are well known siblings in sports that have made a major impact across the entire world. Here at Crown Point High School, siblings in sports thrive together and have an unspoken bond that many do not see.

The Rhodes twins, Kingston and Kaiden, are very well known by Crown Point basketball fans. They both challenge each other, pushing one another to be better in basketball.

“It feels good to be in the same sport as Kaiden. He challenges me by competing with me,” Kingston Rhodes said. “We are able to bond on a deeper level by communicating more with each other within the sport.”

The Rhodes do not just compete for Crown Point’s basketball team, they also compete with the Indy Heat and travel together all across the country from Florida to Nevada, making sure to push each other every step of the way.

Senior twins Will and Paul Clark and Freshman twins Ben and Zach Clark are more examples of siblings in the same sports. All four siblings play for the school’s football team and wrestling team.

“It’s a great experience having my twin brother Paul and my two younger brothers Ben and Zach all on the same team,” Will Clark said. “We all have each other’s backs every morning making sure we have everything for practice.”

Furthermore, Paul and Will train together to be the best wrestlers they can be. “Paul and I are practice partners for wrestling and since we’re both ranked highly in the state, we can push each other very hard,” Will Clark said.

Participating in the same sport as siblings allows them to motivate each other to perform beyond their limits; they are able to celebrate their accomplishments together.