The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Staying on Track
Staying on Track
April 24, 2024
Unmask the Dance
Unmask the Dance
April 24, 2024
Chance to Dance
Chance to Dance
April 24, 2024

“The Color Purple” Shows the Value of Voice and the Power of Love

The Color Purple is a musical drama film that was directed by Blitz Bazawule. The movie’s release date was December 25, 2023, and became the most watched movie in the Christmas Box Office in a decade. The film is about a young woman named Celie and her younger sister, Nettie, unforgettable relationship and life. This movie was based on how black women were treated in the 1900’s. The movie takes place in Georgia when Celie was 14. As the movie goes on, it shows Celie as she was abused and raped throughout her life. One day a man named Albert “Mister” Johnson came to Celie’s house to talk to her father about marrying her little sister Nettie. Her father refused and said he could have Celie instead. Little did Celie know that decision would change her life for the next several years. Celie was always quiet and never stuck up for herself so she never fought back. Mister had four kids and Celie raised them instead of her own children who were taken by her father when they were first born. Even though Mister was Celie’s husband he didn’t love her. He was very abusive and never treated her with respect. After a certain point of Nettie living alone with her father, she moved in with Celie but only for a limited amount of time. It had been 30 years since Celie had spoken to Nettie because of Mister. But like every good movie it ended on a good note. The Color Purple has a deeper meaning than just the abuse of women. It shows how powerful women are and how powerful the love of siblings are. Love is a powerful force and with the right motivation it can produce powerful things. This movie is not only an eye-opener but a great movie to just dance your heart out to some amazing songs.