The Student News Site of Crown Point High School

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Crown Town Media

Back with a Banger
Back with a Banger
April 29, 2024
Loving Tan Fake Tan
Loving Tan Fake Tan
April 29, 2024

High Expectations

Are the stresses that colleges put on you worth it?
rawpixel.com
Hand swiping iPhone screen, location unknown, 25 February 2017. More: View public domain image source here

The expectation to succeed in life is solely based on how you acted as a child, it can determine whether you will be able to afford a house in the future and where you will be. You have no room for mistakes due to the stressful expectations that are put on you since you first entered kindergarten.

How you act in school also plays a part; it is how they expect you to act at your job, like a trial run. Since phones have come out, making a mistake is a lot harder to keep a secret, not that it should be, but you should be allowed a second chance. Social media allows employers to see everything you have done in the amount of time that you have had social media, meaning whatever you do as a teen (or a child), a stupid remark you may have made will stick with you your entire life. Which causes problems as an adult when you get characterized by others due to your actions as a kid. 

Not only employers will look at your social media, its colleges as well. Colleges can look at everything, and even if you have perfect grades the fact that you posted a video, or commented on something that others didn’t agree with can harshly affect the way that those colleges now view you as a person. And if you don’t go to college what can you do?

Some may say the trades, but even then they look at your history; and in some cases if you’d like to take another step regarding your job and accept a promotion you may need a college degree.

In our society today, college is everything. It is the difference between living comfortably and not living at all. And although some may say that there are other job opportunities even if you don’t go to college, you will always come to a bump in the road when it comes to needing that degree.